How to reduce and prevent forehead wrinkles
Why do we get forehead wrinkles?
Wrinkles are a perfectly normal part of ageing, whether they appear on your forehead or any other part of your face and body. As you age, your body starts to produce lesser amounts of collagen and elastin. This makes your skin lose its elasticity and start sagging, which leads to the appearance of wrinkles.
But, excessive sun exposure, pollution, stress, bad lifestyle habits and genetics also contribute to the wrinkles on your forehead.
Can you completely get rid of forehead wrinkles?
Just as you can’t make your pores disappear, you can’t completely get rid of your forehead wrinkles. But, with a few changes to your lifestyle and skincare routine, you can definitely minimise their appearance and prevent their early appearance.
Here are a few steps you can take to delay and reduce the appearance of forehead wrinkles:
- Make sunscreen a part of your daily skincare routine - Always use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 and above to protect your skin from UV ray damage. Excessive exposure to the sun can make wrinkles appear on your skin. According to research, daily use of SPF 30 or higher sunscreen slows skin ageing and reduces the risk of dark spots and wrinkles.
- Manage your stress levels - Stress is a huge factor of premature ageing and can lead to the appearance of wrinkles on your forehead. Try to incorporate some changes to your lifestyle such as practising yoga, meditating, exercising daily, eating healthy meals and getting enough sleep.
- Ditch the cigarettes - Tobacco can damage your skin and deprive it of vital nutrients and oxygen. Research shows that tobacco can cause a reduction in collagen production and lead to loss of elasticity in your skin.
- Stay hydrated - Well hydrated skin can diminish the appearance of wrinkles on your skin. Water also flushes out toxins from your body and keeps your skin hydrated and moisturised.
- Use a primer before applying makeup - Primers can help minimise the appearance of wrinkles. Primers prepare your skin for foundation and smooth out your skin before you apply makeup, making your wrinkles less prominent.
- Try some facial exercises - You need patience for this one to work! Do some simple facial exercises for 10-15 minutes every day to strengthen your muscles and increase blood flow to your skin. If done consistently, this can significantly help reduce wrinkles on your forehead and face.
- Use a Gua Sha tool to massage your face - This can turn out to be one of the most valuable parts of your skincare routine. Gua Sha is known to create microcirculation in the face, which has been shown to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and improve the overall quality of your skin. It helps you relieve stress, increases blood flow to your face and boosts collagen production. Make sure you use a good facial oil or cream to reduce friction.